This Rental Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions governing this agreement.
- Reservation Policy - To confirm a reservation "Boxwood Events Ltd" requires your contact information, a valid credit card number on file, a rental deposit, and a signature on your rental contract. Your order will not be considered 'reserved' until a deposit and signed contract are received.
- Rental Deposit - Rental items will be reserved only upon receipt of an initial 50% deposit of the total price on all orders at the time of rental. This deposit will be applied directly towards your final balance owing.
- Rental Fees - The "Renter" agrees to pay "Boxwood Events Ltd" the rental fees specified in the invoice. Rental fees are for the time the rental items are out and away from Boxwood Events Ltd possession, regardless of whether the rental items are actually used by renter. No refunds will be given for unused rental Items. The final balance is due one (1) week prior to the scheduled pick up date of the rental items. All orders will be cancelled unless full payment is received.
- Cancellation Policy - We ask for cancellation notice at least 30 days before the first day of your specified rental period for a refund of your rental deposit minus an administrative fee of $50. If you need to cancel your order less than 30 days before the first day of your specified rental period we are unable to refund your rental deposit.
- Change Order Policy - We are happy to work with you to make changes as required to your order. We ask that give us as much notice as possible to make these changes. If changes are made more than 30 days before your rental start date, we can change or remove any items as long as your total rental value does not drop below your 50% deposit amount. Changes made to rental items less than 30 days before the start of the rental period will be made by substitutions of equal value rental items based upon availability. If an item is removed from your order (and you chose not to substitute it) you will be charged for the full rental rate of that item. Order changes cannot be made within 14 days of your event.
- Damage Deposit - Will be authorized on your credit card but will not be charged unless items are damaged or missing. Please see our missing and damaged items policy below. This authorization will be placed on the date of pickup of all rental items. Damage deposit authorization will be released after ALL items are returned in the same condition in which they were received. Damage deposit value is set at two (2) times the rental cost of items.
- Missing and Damaged Items -The "Renter" is responsible for returning rental items in the same condition in which they were received, except for ordinary wear and tear. You are liable for the replacement cost of damaged or lost items. To avoid any damage during transportation, we recommend that all items are packaged as sent. If you do have missing or damaged items upon return, you will be informed as soon as possible. If the missing items cannot be found or if we are unable to contact you or the person responsible for the rental within 48 hours of your specified return date, a replacement fee of four (4) times the rental cost of the piece will be automatically charged to the credit card on file. Repair fees for damaged items must be paid upon receipt of an invoice. Any items considered un-rentable by Boxwood Events Ltd standards will be charged at full replacement value of four (4) times the rental cost of the piece. The "Renter" is responsible for the goods from the time of pick-up until the items are returned to Boxwood Events Ltd. Be sure that all equipment is secure and protected from the weather while it is in your possession. We do charge for soiled, broken, damaged or missing items, including all packaging materials. The "Renter" shall return all rental items in their original packaging and wrapping. The renter will be contacted if there is missing packaging such as bins, boxes, foam wrap, etc. and charges will apply if not returned. There will be an extra cleaning charge of $50 for any wax, excessive grease, ink and/or hard to remove stains. If the "Renter" discovers damaged or missing rental items prior to the start of the event, the "Renter" must notify "Boxwood Events Ltd" immediately. At the discretion of Boxwood Events Ltd, if possible, Boxwood Events Ltd. will provide a replacement for any damaged or missing rental items prior to the event start time. If not possible to provide any replacements, Boxwood Events Ltd. will refund the appropriate fee associated with the damaged/missing items. Damaged rental items shall not be used at the event. All damaged rental items remain the property of Boxwood Events Ltd. and must be returned to Boxwood Events Ltd.
- Wax Candle Policy - We do not allow real wax candles to be used in any of our rental items. We have 2 exceptions: a) Real wax taper candles may be used in our taper candle holders but the candle holders must be returned free of wax to avoid a cleaning fee of $50. b) Floating wax candles may be used in our cylinder vases but the vases must be returned clean and free of wax to avoid the $50 cleaning fee.
- Late Returns - All rental items must be returned to "Boxwood Events Ltd" within the rental period specified. Late rentals will be charged a 50% rental rate for each late day to a maximum of two (2) days. If the rental item is not received by Boxwood Events Ltd three (3) days past the end of specified rental period, the full replacement value of four (4) times the rental cost of the item will be charged to the credit card on file.
- Liability - The "Renter" will take all necessary precautions regarding the items rented, and protect all persons and property from injury or damage. The "Renter" assumes liability for, and shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Boxwood Events Ltd, its agents, employees, officers, and assigns from and against, any and all liabilities, obligations, losses, demands, damages, injuries (including, but not limited to, bodily injury, illness and death), claims, penalties, suits, actions, costs and expenses, including attorneys fees, of whatsoever kind and nature, relating to or arising out of the use, condition (including, but not limited to latent and other defects and whether or not discoverable by the "Renter" or "Boxwood Events Ltd."), operation ownership, selection, delivery, leasing, or return of the equipment, regardless of where, how, and by whom operated, or any failure on the part of the "Renter" to perform or comply with the conditions of this agreement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the "Renter" shall, at its own cost and expense, defend "Boxwood Events Ltd." against all claims, suits or proceedings commenced by anyone in which "Boxwood Events Ltd" is named as a party for which "Boxwood Events Ltd" is alleged to be liable or responsible as a result of or arising out of the equipment, or any alleged act or omission by "Boxwood Events Ltd", and the "Renter" shall be liable and responsible for all costs, expenses, and attorney's fees incurred in the defense and/or settlement, judgment, or other resolution thereof. In the event any such is commenced naming "Boxwood Events Ltd" as a party. "Boxwood Events Ltd" may, in its sole discretion, elect to defend said action on its own behalf with counsel of its choice, and the "Renter" shall be liable for and reimburse "Boxwood Events Ltd" for all costs, expenses, and attorney's' fees incurred by "Boxwood Events Ltd" in such defense.